Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Shopping

Believe it or not, I managed to go to FIVE stores in two hours period! There was a huge sale at American Fork's Old Navy. They wanted to get rid of clothes on clearance so they are giving 75 percent off the original price. I got pregnant outfits for just 3 to 4 dollars each.

I exchanged Annalise's pair of shoes. She hated the original one so much so I just took her back and pick different pair. The original ones had some sort of pucker in side of heel part. It really is abrasive and annoying. At Target's I grabbed two set of waterproof twin mattress pad off before the others get it. I just have one left to go. It is very hard to get that version in a family oriented town like mine. I liked that type because it lasts longer and is more pleasant to lay on. I also picked up some of gifts for our assigned family on Clint's side. I then went to Recreational Outlet to pick a Christmas gift (very good item to have) for my side. I then got Clint to come with me to eat lunch at Olive Garden. After all of those adventures, we went back home to have Timmy to take a nap. That kid is worn out and cranky!

Clint has been putting up dry walls lately. He still is working on first room. But it is almost done. Next day, he can get started on new room! Clint said that he is learning by trial and error like everyone else. Ian is a such good helper! He holds something for his daddy, gets something for his daddy, and cleans something up for his daddy. Just imagine what that kid can do when he grows up!

I got my first Christmas cards. This time, people beat me to it. Ha ha. I will have to get started on my usual Christmas newsletter and I need to be creative still. For some reason, I felt like I couldn't trump the previous one. But I felt obligated to!

I have been working on new blog. It is called tried and true recipes blog. However, somebody else already have taken that website address so I used triedandtrueyummies.blogspot.com . . . I already put four recipes down. I also made my sister, Susan, an administrator of this blog so that she can add several of her delicious recipes.

Yesterday, two of people I know spent their time in hospital. Both had significantly different experiences! One had relatively good experience and is able to find the entire procedure endurable while another one had a misery filled experience. This one I mentioned is my sister . . She went in for colonscopy and "Look-In-Your-Stomach"procedure. I have no idea what it is called. Well, she got a nurse that botched inserting IV needle into her arm so bad that she wiggled around. Gabe passed out! They had to put him into "feet up" position to get him out of it. Nurse apologized and said that it is bad morning for her. Well, my sister found out on later that a husband and a wife had that nurse and the similar incident occurred (Husband passing out after watching nurse wiggling the needle into his wife's arm). Susan said that she glared at the nurse while she tried to find veins on her another arm! It did get me to think about how hospital experience can be significantly different. If the staff doesn't regard you as piece of flesh, of course.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Way to go! Sounds like you have accomplished a lot! I am also excited about your new recipe blog. Did you know that John and I both have recipe blogs? They can be found at dinnergrouprecipes.blogspot.com and delectable-desserts.blogspot.com.
I am excited for our Christmas this year. We haven't entirely decided on traditions that we will have. That will become more solid once we have children :) I like your idea of giving an ornament each year. That is fun! Of course, spudnuts are a must.
Sounds like you are doing well and that your upstairs is coming together.

Anonymous said...

Hey thought I would drop a line for my former missionary companion! So are you hanging dry wall in your own house? Is this a remodeling project? I'm sorta jealous and sorta not. I'm sure it's a lot of work.

We have a glob too...

Toby

*ALLYSSA* said...

It's nice to see that you got most of the shopping done, at least! ;). I'll check out the food blog you made. I need to start one on my own. I just love trying out new recipes! It's nice that Clint is progressing well with the project. I'm sure it takes forever! But eventually, it'll be done in no time, then you'll be glad to have all that space.