Monday, August 18, 2008

The First Day of School

Ian and Suzy just went off . . . Ian skipped the breakfast just because he can be at the bus stop early and play with other kids. However, because of us not going to the opening school night and introducing our children to their teachers ... I asked Clint to take kids directly to their classrooms. Ian is very put out with me for that. Today is school early out so they will be back home, full of news and full backpack of introductory stuff.
I satisfied my urges in cleaning some of the house. Floor were sticky and spotty. None bugs me more than walking upon sticky spots. Carpet is clean too. I shampooed spots out of it too. I also cleaned the sink put things away. I feel a bit more decent now. Now, I am starving!!!
Annalise is upset that she is not going to the school this year. She saw her siblings totting their backpacks and going off. She rushed around, got dressed up, ate her breakfast and packed her backpack and tossed an apple into it for her lunch. I asked her what she was doing. She said that she is going to the school this year because she is five years old. I corrected her gently about her age. She won't accept it. My little girl! She is a sweet little thing. I will have hard time letting her go when her turn comes.
I have been entertaining the notion in getting a cell phone/pager but I haven't decided. It is a commitment I am not sure I should be making yet. I have seen many opportunities where it could helped me out. But people 100 years ago did make it. I figured that I made it so far and I could in the future. It does sort of bug other people knowing that I am a bit more difficult to contact, though. Ha ha. I sympathize with them!
A couple of thoughts here . . .
I have been reading a couple of chapters about building the foundation upon the rock of Christ and how Captain Moroni bewildered the hosts of Lamanites by putting up the fortress around many cities and the land. I discussed with Clint yesterday night about what they actually mean to us in our life. I asked him about his experience in teaching the youth. I pointed out that we can typically answer the stuff youth answer . . . Fortress may represent studying the scriptures, going to the temple, praying, and family home evening. I think there's more to it than just those. I told Clint that those activities are merely heap of dirt or one brick. Those things just make one ultimate thing which Heavenly Father really wanted us to understand. It is the state of mind we put ourselves into. When we are focused on the right things and have the desire in living righteously, Satan has no way of tempting us or no method of attacking us. It is what an eye single the the glory of God really means.
Other thing I have been thinking was the importance of recognizing the hand of the Lord in our lives. The instant moment when we cease to recognize His hand in our lives, we are not able to understand our personal relationship with Him. We need interaction to truly understand and identify our position. When a person is sunk into the sin, it is difficult for this person to feel that he/she is of worth . . . Because they don't understand or know the Lord personally. Through the filter of their filth, they aren't able to identify the influence of Holy Ghost. It really is so tragic. They stop believing in themselves. They stop believing in the gospel and no longer feel like God truly exists. Repentance truly is a necessary tool in restoring this person in his standing with God. How the atonement is important tool in helping this person to return to the divine communication with God. I think I understand it better and more when I grow older. With divine insights I am able to gain and I am ever thankful for that. It helps me to be a bit more compassionate towards my fellow beings.

No comments: