Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A bit of time for myself now

I am feeling a bit selfish now. I want to do my fun stuff now. I can't wait to learn how to quilt this Saturday, doing that heart appliance type. I can't wait to get started on the project I wanted for boys' room- denim out of old jeans with red planes theme on them.
Tonite, I will go to a lady's house to make five cards. I enjoy that sort of thing.

Update on Clint:
On ninth day of taking his antibiotic doses- he develop allergic reaction! Rash was horrible. It got to the point where rashes were joining each other and turning into the appearance of welts. LOL. Clint opted to take last three doses and allergy medicine to manage the reaction. Well, I am so happy to say that it is all over. Unfortunately, that medicine that Clint developed allergy to is sulfa- famous for its "half-life". It takes some time to leave his system. Clint's welts are gone but rashes still are there, fading very slowly. I told him he is forbidden to give me any more worries . . . I already have enough of it (lightly).

I am so glad to say that there's no more cadence of accidents . . . Things seem to be returning to routine. I got back to cleaning the house and doing chores like usual. Kids are very happy to fuss over Shadow, our black dog.

Just put up with my previous blog- I was a bit cranky and needed an outlet. I am glad I have a such sympathetic friends. I really feel blessed!

The latest discipline issue I am facing right now is how kids always
are calling each other names. It is deplorable and chases the spirit away. I felt sad one day when I saw Clint off to the work after some negativity influencing our mornings. I finally decided to have a discussion with my family . . For I felt that my kids can't really understand how negative consequences that cam come out of name calling. I put up printed out fake dollars on the refrigerator. I tell kids that they earn a dollar from us every week but with every name calling they do, they lose five cents off their dollar. We are putting this into practice this week and see how our kids do it. It is very hard on them in controlling themselves. Ian is having it even harder. So far, he just has about 25 cent to spare. But I am happy that we don't have to scold them constantly. It is just going to ref. silently and put on tallies.

No comments: