Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Taking a break

I pretty much overstretched myself past the limit. I got sick with cold and exhaustion. I am going to rest this week to beat the cold. It is taking me a little longer to recover much to my disappointment. Suzy and Ian are at the school now (much to my relief). They were fighting nonstop over the weekend. I know it is part of the life- learning how to get along. It hardly is good for a peace of mind. You should be seeing those kids tattling on each other, wailing, and wearing my shoulder down to a big dent. Ha. I was sick on Sunday with cold so I did not go to the church. I felt strange missing the church. I love going so much and always feel out of sort all of the week long when I don't go.
Last Saturday, I manage to accomplish some stuff I have been putting off for long time. My car's interior is so clean and my refrigerator is full of food. It is easy to make decisions with meals when your refrigerator is stocked! I also got to cut my men's hair. Chores come on again this week . . . Cleaning the house inside and getting to the garden. I was putting garden off for some time due to Clinton not starting the sprinkler system yet. He hasn't ever since some sprinkle heads broke in the drain pipes installation process.
I am having a new battle with Annalise this week. She all the sudden decided that it is no longer fun going to bathroom and washing her hands. She was wetting her pants regularly everyday. I am soo frustrated with her and Clint helped me out by printing the chart out so I can write stars on it every time she goes to the bathroom. I guess we are back to scratch with her. I wish it was easier. But potty training and my kids never are easy.
Today is a glum-gloomy day. No sun is out and it isn't breezy . . . It is windy! So my kids are staying inside, mostly. I am just am doing errands in betweens and trying to catch up on internet stuff. The information on FLDS raid is so thought-provoking and there are so many issues that went being misaddressed in Texan court. The judge refusing the nursing mothers to remain with their infants really appalled me so badly. I am very attached to my babies especially when they are nursing . . . They are my third arm, emotionally speaking so I am pretty upset at the thought of the nursing mother group being separated from their nursing infants. I think it would be handled better in more family friendly state like Utah, Colorado, or even Vermont. I think if public opinion will state itself in more empathical fashion may help??
I have a little visitor with us right now. She is visiting us while her mother takes her little brother to doctor. She is occupying herself by riding on smart cycle. Ha ha.

2 comments:

*ALLYSSA* said...

Yeah, it's sad. I wish the best for the FLDS mothers and children. I would feel the same if my child was taken away from me.

Unknown said...

Laurel!! Thank you so much for organizing the Thanksgiving Point Gardens Trip, you totally rock! It was so nice to catch up with you all and I cannot believe how fast the time went!!