Monday, April 7, 2008

General conference weekend

Bi-yearly, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which I am member of- holds a world-wide meeting. I LOVE those world-wide meetings. I love being able to listen to those wise men sharing great plan of happiness. My biggest regret is that I didn't have the same opportunity being able to listen to those men since that demands of my children and household sometimes just overwhelm me. On Sunday, I was able to cook meals, make four pages of scrapbook for Timmy, take care of my kids and keep my house in spin and spac order. I am grateful for the time I got with my family!

I was able make many things that pleased my family. Oatmeal cookies, Chicken Divan, marinated steak/shrimps, twice baked chicken, waffles, blueberry pancakes, crackers/dip, popcorns, sliced apples. My kids did make some scene when they saw Chicken Divan. They never saw it before. I haven't made it for long time since that the recipe required me to use cream of chicken soup. I could not use it due to fats percentage. Now that I discovered lower fat type, I was able to return to making it. My husband missed it a great deal. So I just made it on occasion to make him happy.

I also used some of my time doing "Course trainings" for new consultants. I loved their course on accessories. I was able to learn how to utilize their accessories more effectively. I love being able to decorate the page and give it my personal touch. So far, I am not doing so much related to the business. I am firmly determined that my friendships come before business. So I am just doing it to share the interest with my friends and avoid being pushy. I just wanted to make it more fun and enjoyable for us all.

It snowed once again this morning. Snowflakes were about 1 inch thick and won't melt once when they hit our hair. Timmy and Annalise were so fascinated!! I returned to my exercising routine. I haven't exercised for a while due to sickness that kept on going around for a month and half. I have motivation for exercising now that I wanted to participate in the fund raising event for deaf children . . . Run 5K! After exercising, I went down to Orem to go to Michael's craft store. I heard there was a HUGE sale. And sure enough, there is!! I was able to take 60 percent off custom-made framing order, got some discounts on craft products. I love getting good deals!!!

3 comments:

The Stimpson Family said...

Good luck training for your run!!! That will be so much fun for you! I enjoy reading on your blog and keeping updated with the family!

Unknown said...

5 K!! That is so impressive Laurel!!

You had such a BUSY weekend! Did you just collapse Sunday night? (I know I did!)

I loved General Conference.

Sounds like you guys are doing awesome!

*ALLYSSA* said...

Wow! 5K? I don't think I could ever make it. I only went up to 2k for as long as I could remember.

Looks like you had a busy weekend whipping up all these delicous food. It made me hungry! You are always doing things that you can never get tired of. Amazing!