Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mentionworthy items

I enjoyed the weekend, working on a baby sized or lap sized quilt . . . I decided to use the leftovers from layer cake and invented my own pattern. Of course, it was a process of experimenting, correcting, and all. I also used that opportunity to develop my skill in making squares to line up well. I still am still far from it because I am learning. Here's the result of three days worth of work with a good working sewing machine.














A few cute pictures to laugh at . . . As some of you may be aware- Timmy always hates sleeping alone. I usually was finding him cuddling up on someone. Here's a few of his pictures with somebody else.
















We had a lot of wonderful moments- bowling, celebrating Anakin's birthday, hanging out with family, and seeing little Abby's baby blessing. However, Clint and I were getting worried- all of those filled up weekend with family activities have been making it harder on Clint to finish upstairs. He is in mudding/sanding stage right now and I have just a month or so left before little Julianna is coming. So last weekend, I gave the quilting class up so that I can watch the kids while Clint can put his full focus to the project. It is okay because it was nice being with my family anyhow.

I used my time last week cutting fabrics, cooking, and doing house chores. I also typed down over 50 recipes for the family cookbook project. I still have a few more to look for and add. I am pretty content with my life and feeling fulfilled which is a great blessing. Of course, I still feel anxious about upstairs being done in time. That's the same feeling I had for a year. One nice thing about upstairs not being done too quickly- an assessor came by our home one day during the week, asking me if we are done with upstairs. I said no. He told me that we won't have to pay additional taxes for the extra space for the rest of year. Isn't it so nice? A small something to count blessing on.

3 comments:

Dionne said...

Laurel! I was cleaning out emails and found your info about your blog. I forgot about that. In the last year, Matt graduated, worked in Massachusetts while we finished our school year in CO and then we all moved to Massachusetts. We bought a fixer upper and have been putting lots of blood, sweat and plenty of tears;) into this house!

I'll put your blog on a button now! Life is good, but nuts -- and it's always refreshing to catch up on the news of a friend.

Cathy Holt said...

So beautiful quilt!!! I love it!!! Are you getting into quilt addiction group that I am member of? Lol...

Cathy Holt said...

Ohhh after I posted my comment, I blow up ur picture of quilt and noticed some are appilque (sp? whats wrong with me today? Had a good sacrament mtg and my mind is still rewind the speakers'testimonies on prayer). Nice brown flowers. That fabric you used for flowers, is one of my few favorite fabric.. unfortunately I cant find it any place online or stores... all sold out... unless on ebay for higher price which I wouldnt go for... But I have some in stock but want more... I also have red and aqua blue in that design of fabric. Cant wait to see another quilt of yours. I just posted coin quilt. I am working on second one (black, yellow and white for boys lap quilt). In cutting and sewing mode. Til soon Hugs