Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Upstairs and baby being on way



As you can see the slideshow up above . . . My friends came over and helped me with color painting and sticking some stickers onto the wall from uppercase living. It took us all total of four days or so to complete. I am so excited about the results and Clint is adding the baseboards now. I have been smelling fresh painting constantly. It is a nice smell because you know how brand new things are. I have been cleaning the house on side too. I wanted it to be nice and neat when Julianna comes. There were some white dust there and there from upstairs when Clint swept the stuff off areas where he have been mudding and sanding.

I will be hitting 38 weeks mark tomorrow. I have been getting some usual symptoms that comes very close to birth. But I know that the timetable may be so much different from what I have been expecting. I am still looking forward to meeting little Julianna. I talked with the pediatrician that have been caring for my other four children about her kidney situation. He assured me that many of that situation have been resolved with birth.

I haven't been doing quilting or scrapbooking lately. Clint asked me to put that aside in order to get ready for baby. I had to admit that he is right. I was putting that off because I hoped that he will be done with upstairs in time so that I can organize the entire house and have it easier in finding the baby stuff. I guess that baby will come inevitably and Clint won't be done in due time- inevitably too. I just hate knowing that my house is in disorganized state. I was very crabby when I had to go everywhere- trying to find that missing piece that belonged to carrier or playpen.

Now, my house is becoming more and more cluttered when we are adding some stuff like painting cans or putting baby stuff in. I really can't wait before the upstairs is done!! I really look forward to having the space to work in and enjoy. I know we will be getting there, eventually. It is just that I have to remind myself constantly that patience is a virtue that we all have to work on constantly. I am grateful that Clint is willing to work on upstairs and concentrate all of his energy on it so that we can cut the costs of remodelling. We are doing just that now.

I forgot to mention further what have been going on with our life. Last two weekends ago, we had General conference and a fun family activity. We held an egg hunt in our basement and had lunch with the family. Kids had fun looking for eggs while it was too muddy and wet outside to romp around and look for eggs. We enjoyed watching general conference sessions. Speakers are amazing as ever. I spent most of my time getting ready for baby like washing laundry, setting the playpen up, cleaning the carseat up and much more. It was very exhausting and I was working in overdrive mode because due date was too close for our comfort. Just yesterday, I just did most of my hospital bag packing. Today, I took our kids out to Walmart to select some fun baby toys and clothes for their baby sister. They were a such enthusaistic participants!

Suzy and Anna are at Kim's house right now, playing with their cousins and having a sleepover. It really is a wonderful thing to live so close by your family and being in same area so that kids can share same school holidays/vacations. Ian was sad because there's no boy his age around that he can sleep over. We are pretty strict about sleepovers and we feel more comfortable doing sleepovers with our family members. We are going to take Ian and Timmy out for our "son's time" special night. We are thinking of doing Mayan restaurant tonite.

After reading up and discussing with some of my friends, I did realize that it is becoming necessary to protect our family and setting up privacy so that some wrong people won't be able to gain access to our kids. I will be changing the settings of this blog and making it accessible to those who are our friends.

IT is SNOWING in April. Augh. Just imagine our frustration! We are so ready for spring and the flowers are budding on the trees. We already ordered the grass seeds and are all set to prepare our yard for the beautiful season. Oh well, snow means water. I don't want Utah to see another drought.

I was sorry to disappoint our children . . . Normally, every spring vacation they have had, I always was taking them on outing . . . But with upstairs, baby coming, and so many things to do- I had to sit tight at the home. The weather isn't helping us either. I am so glad about Kim helping us out with making spring vacation more exciting for our girls and we hope to do something special before the week is out- to make their vacation memorable.

4 comments:

MB said...

I love reading your blog if you go private, be sure to add me :)

I gave you our family blog some time ago. Not sure if you still read it or not? It is private but if you ever want to look, feel free!!

Love you and can't wait to hear about the baby's arrival!!

xoxo
MB

The Stimpson Family said...

The rooms look awesome!!! Great job! I like the baby name - my sisters name is Julianne - with an E on the end. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Laurel!! The dress is gorgeous!! i am so impressed!! And the rooms look great! What a lot of work! I know exactly how you feel, I was preggers during our 7 month ordeal of having the addition built. It was as if a bomb exploded in our house it was so disorganized I had kitchen stuff all over the house and wasn't able to use our kitchen for 6-8 weeks! Yikes!! No wonder i got the Shingles (Caused by stress!!) Good luck- soon it will all be over and so so worth it!! I am excited for your new little one to get here and to see what kind of little personality she will have!!

Dionne said...

Laurel, I would love an invite to your blog if you go private. You can delete the email from your blog when you get this comment.

squiresmd(at)fastmail(dot)us

I'm excited for your new baby. . it's fun to stay up on your life.