Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blessing dress done!

Wow! I can't believe it- I actually am able to do it in two days total! Here's the pictures!




Yeah, I could not believe it. Well, satin was very difficult to work with. The edges often fray. So I solved the problem by using good zig zag feature by the sewn lines to prevent any further fraying. They definitely worked. I added roses to the ribbon as you can see up above and loved the look! I literally put blood and sweat in that work. I was leaving some blood stains on it when I accidentally pricked my fingers while sewing roses and others. HA! Last Thursday, I bought most of the materials from Joann's. There were a BIG sale including the fabric that I purchased. If I have paid the entire price, it could have been 140 dollars in total but I saved myself 75 dollars. It did take me a while to find a right type of fabric I wanted- satin and washable. I was able to re-use that pattern I used for Annalise's blessing dress a while before. This time, I learned my lesson- no georgette fabric!!

We went to R C Willey to purchase carpeting. Of course, carpet is NOT in stock and we will have to wait for two weeks before the carpet can come in. That's okay. Clint has plenty things to do before carpet come in- like closet shelves, touches up, baseboards, etc. Carpet is just a final touch to the space. Then kids will be able to move in!

Yesterday, I went to midwife appointment and had my cervix checked. I am only 2 1/2 dilated and 50 percent effaced. It means that I am not going to have Julianna out soon. I guess I can go to the church tomorrow.

No comments: