Sunday, February 20, 2011

Living by the Gospel everyday

I did ask myself many times- How am I living the Gospel today? I always feel like I fall short. I think because it was feeling like omission. I felt vaguely some where there that I missed something very important- or I have failed to grab that chance and act as the Lord's agent. Don't you sometimes feel like that?

I did give it some thought. I already have known that the purpose of Atonement is to fill what we fall short at that day. We just need to simply fulfill what God asks of us.

It does seem pretty simple. But we are back to the same thing- much is given, much is required concept . . . The Lord expects so much of us. Thus coined a phrase like that. Because we are blessed people. We are given so much. Of knowledge, of light and many great things. We are expected to act upon that.

I suppose that we are expected to struggle, aching of our imperfections ... Praying for divine guidance. We strive stumblingly to live by the Gospel. Like a child trying to ride bicycle for first time. We have to push pedals and learn how to balance ourselves. Heavenly Father expects us to hold onto the bicycle, work on the pedals, and even though that we fall . . . Everything is all right. Because we have that desire. We want to do the right. We try and work within our limitations.

1 comment:

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

Laurel,

I love reading your testimony! You're a great example and friend. Thank you for sharing how you are applying the gospel principles to your life!