Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love makes world go round.

I wanted to set aside the time to celebrate love. Tomorrow's Valentine Day. So many people have been concentrating on materialistic part like roses, chocolate, cards and cookies.

Love is a wonderful, glorious thing. It makes people feel less lonely. Babies and children thrive the best in this condition. It is a magnet for many people in relationships and families. It helps to resolve misunderstandings and offers way for people to make peace. It is all pervasive. It motivated people to do many more kind things to many others. To be honest with you, Hippie's way of defining love never sat very well on me. Why? Well, they were DOING sexual stuff without boundaries and called it "love".

As many are aware, Jesus Christ was a person who was way beyond of his time. In fact, the world is the way as it is . . . Simply because of the era of Jesus Christ and His brief life span (33 years on the earth). In fact, this is God who walked on the earth, showing us way to greater existence and life. Shaker? Yes! He shook the earth and moved it in a way where nobody is able to think the same. He provided the way so that there may be other extraordinary shakers to change the population in different parts of world to change. Why am I talking about Jesus Christ when I was beginning out with "love" topic? Well, I felt that He is the very first person to teach about love especially with the population so focused on the basis of its survival.

I felt that because of Jesus Christ, our conception of love is like that. He taught how he is no respector of persons. He taught us how to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Book of Mormon only furthered His teachings talking about the meaning of Charity as a Pure Love of Christ. "Pure Love"! A conception we wonder if we are able to fully achieve.

I loved the stories of how people with a such simple lifestyles who still found ways to serve each other. Wow. It made us to wonder and question how we are living and why we defer the opportunity of helping the others.

We have had many great representatives who showed us the meaning of love. Pure Love is truly tested when we face trials. How we act in those difficult times. How we are able to forgive afterwards. Every representatives showed us how it worked out.

I am so glad we are celebrating love on Valentine's day. I am glad it meant more than only chocolates, roses, and cards. I love romances! I love love stories. I love hearing how people showed love for each other beyond relationships and reaching out to each other when the others are troubled. I loved how neighbors are able to look over the fence and wonder how they could help their neighbors. Love, YAHOO! You are my ultimate goal.

Well, if you want to know the reason why I am too romantic those days . . . Blame it on my husband and chick flicks.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Thank you for the thought-provoking post. It is a good reminder to make love for everyone an ultimate goal. After all, aren't the two greatest commandments to love God and everyone else?