Monday, February 7, 2011

The work of the Lord transcends all

My friend and I had an in-depth discussion about God's role in our lives. I came to this conclusion that God have greater perspective to everything. I have observed so many miracles that come with birth, death, life, and healing.

An inevitable question pops, "Why?" as in "Why do I live while other die of the same thing?" "Why can't I just have baby like my friends do?" "Why did he have to die?" . . . All are heart-rending mortal cry of grief. More recent for me, "Why did He have to take my mother too?"

At the time when my mother just died, my husband came next day with children to help out with funeral and just participate. He came to me gravely and told me that he felt the angels around us, comforting us.

It recalled me to the time when Jesus Christ was in the Garden of Gesthame when an angel came to comfort He struggled under the burden of the world. Jesus Christ, at the time of darkest period of His life, wasn't alone. Neither should we be. It is choice of ours to take the helping Hand or not.

Nonetheless, the work of God is greater of all . . . Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

So this is the "why" answer. It is the reason why people had to die. It is the reason why people had to live and had to be healed. God have said that there's not a sparrow that fell to ground that He didn't know about. He is omnipotent and omniscient (all powerful and all seeing). Meaning that there's not a situation in our lives is a coincidence or accidental. If necessary, He will have His angels to step in to act in an event that may interfere with His work.

The work of our God transcends all.

No comments: