Sunday, March 30, 2008

Snowy weekend

Susan reminded me how it WILL snow in March even though that we just celebrated the first spring day. She has lived here for three years and it came without fail. I forgot all about it after living in Utah for nearly ten years. Years just were flying and so many things have happened. I just lost sight of simple things that come from living in Utah in particular. It will be melting in a blink of eye and sun will come out finally.

Yesterday (Saturday) was wonderful. Actually, it was hectic but I am so glad we made it through. I was asked to make a dinner for a family who had their newborn in the hospital, have a brother in law who is going to open his mission call letter at 2 p.m., a birthday party for three people in family and having some food to bring to this party. I was on my feet most of the day trying to get so many things done. Our kids felt the excitement and played along. I am sorry to say that Annalise was getting too soaked in that. She got so cranky that she bit, push, hit Suzy at the store. That girl! I was thinking at everyone, "Trust me, Annalise is not like that monster with me right now." Annalise is really the sweetest little girl and I adored her when she was a baby. She really is a cuddly-wuddly. I just wanted to call her "Cuddles".

Clint's brother opened his mission call and celebrated his nineteen birthday yesterday . . . as I said up above. He is called to Germany Frankfurt mission . . . It came as a surprise to everyone. I know it would delight Clint's grandma whose parents were born there. I told Clint's mom that it is so neat to think how he will speak German fluently when he is back home. I felt sad that he had to go away so far . . . But it is a "good thing" as Clint's mom said. He will be entering MTC May 28 . . . Thus missing Ian's baptism. I still am so glad for his sake. He is doing something very important for the Lord.

My sister, Christina, is going to graduate this spring (I THINK). I have been a little behind in news with her. It was nice having her and her boyfriend visiting us occasionally on the weekends while she was making a film on "Blue Box" as its actress. I must admit that after watching trailer that it is very hard for me to be objective. I mean, it is my sister in there! Here's the link for you guys to watch . . .

http://lancepickett.blogspot.com/2008/03/movie-trailer-blue-box.html

If you guys don't know . . . There suddenly is loads of filmmakers in deaf community up and around making many films based on deaf culture and viewpoints. Like Bobby Giles on VPMan. I haven't seen that. But I know there are some reactions in Deaf Community in Utah. I can just say that it is lots of fun! Hee hee.

Well, back to my sister, Christina . . . She is a student at University of Utah now and majoring in theatre arts and film something. I am proud that she is working so hard and doing well in the school. I remember how it was rough for her in the beginning but she pulled it through and managed it. I just wish sometimes that she is not so busy that we can see her a bit more often. But I think it is the way things always will be until we all die and go to the Heaven.

Susan and I keep in touch fairly often. She is dancing with joy right now because two of her kids just got accepted into Syracuse Art Academy and we are very curious about how it will turn out. Susan and Gabe are just doing great. Susan is looking forward to Gabe graduating with bachelor degree this May. Gabe also just got done with making a new bedroom for the boys down in basement. Every time when I see him, he is always up to something . . . Doing homework, doing a home project, and all. That guy is so busy! I truly am looking forward to him being able to just loaf around and spend time with his kids.

4 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

Hey we have a boy in our ward that is on his mission in Germany right now...Elder Andrew Smith! Congratulations to all! We want more pictures!

Steven and Merilee Swain said...

Hey Laurel,

Was the family with the newborn baby in the Deaf ward? Who was it?

Glad to hear everything's going well with you.

Merilee

MB said...

I agree with Shelley more photos!!!

You are so busy!! WOW

Hey that is a great trailer with your sister! I haven't seen your sister since ricks. WOW!! Hard to think we all grow up!!!

xoox
mb

*ALLYSSA* said...

Yeah, I was surprised with all that snow, and I expected that it would get warmer and warmer each day! It'll melt anyway sooner than we think and we'll all go swimming the next. :) My brother-in-law recieved his mission call and he's leaving the same as Clinton's brother. He will be serving in Spokane, Washington. I'd say congrats to both!