Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight's Saving Time Mishap

Yes, it is a mishap. I didn't know when it began until when I set my eyes on the time of my computer. At first, I was baffled with the difference of time on the computer and the time on our oven. It was when it hit me- Daylight's Saving Time! I exclaimed that to Clint who was standing in the kitchen. But it was too late. We were just ten minutes from church's starting hour. It takes fifteen minutes to drive down to Utah Valley Deaf Ward and even longer just to drag our kids out of their beds, get them dressed, fed, and all. Our kids were so cranky. I have no idea!! I made sure that they went to bed early the previous night. Well, what a fix we were in! We were at the church at 10 a.m. and Annalise had her first talk in the primary. She was so cute! She went as "When I do something wrong, I feel sad. I feel sorry, pray and ask Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father to forgive me. Jesus Christ makes me clean and helps me to go back to Heaven and live with Him again." I made some pictures for Suzy to hold while Annalise speaks to the primary. She was so adorable! Ian still was surly so I took him into nursery with me. He made everyone to laugh when he answered questions while the teacher was more used to more silent audience. He helped me cleaning the toys up, giving children snacks and all. He was munching on the food happily, I will daresay.
Back to Annalise's talk . . . . Annalise acted naughtily by sneaking into my scrapbooking stuff and took out ink pen and drew on all stairs in the hall. I scolded her and she drew her lower lip out and say, "I feel sad. I feel sorry." echoing her talk just making me to laugh.
Annalise is every inch of three years old, I will say. But she is adorable all the same. From the day one until now, I love cuddling with her and playing with her. She is a such good natured child!
I felt a great deal of relief when I sent my kids off the school today. It is nice having them home and all but sometimes it is a bit wearisome having to discipline them constantly. Ian is a such restless little boy in many regards. But he already is making a good explorer. He spent a lot of times in garden last year just to find bugs in there. Timmy already is following in his footsteps. For an instance, when I was walking out of a buffet restaurant, Timmy pulled fire alarm switch. It took me back to the time when Ian pulled one when he was three years old, thus interrupting the sacrament meeting of another ward and everyone had to walk out of the church building and wait for it to stop. Talk about your embarrassing moments. MY boys are very good at embarrassing me! Ha.

2 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

What is the status on your kids? Are all hearing/some/none? I attend the deaf branch here in St. George every other week...I interpret primary sharing time and then help in sacrament meeting. I also attend the temple with the branch once a month to interp. Wish I had learned more from you at Rick's, I feel so inadequate, but am learning all the time!

Unknown said...

Laurel!! I hate when the kids are sick!! I hope you are all on the mend!! I am happy to see someone else who has a stair/ wall draw-er/destruction artist! My cousin 7 I started a blog where we document our kids naughtiness instead of blowing our tops, it's fun. I haven't posted anything in awhile, it's called Real Deal, there's a link to it on my blog.

One of my favorite quotes is from Sister Marjorie Hinckley

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."

Hugs to you!