Saturday, March 15, 2008

My first Open House as a consultant

I made a such scary step in my commitment toward doing some stuff related to Close to My Heart company. I have been purchasing its products and loved them so much. I just decided to become a consultant. Today was my first open house and I will hold workshops in future. Whew!

I had so much fun with my kind friends who just made time to come out. We all made bookmarks. My sister even drove out from Syracuse to make this event special for me. I wish more could make it. I know they would love it too.

I asked some people about workshops. They expressed interest. I guess I can hold some card making/scrapbooking workshops.

I committed to it for up to a year to see how I can do it without affecting my family and my other responsibilities. If I see how it works out with me then I will keep on doing it.

5 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I think my favorite thing with CTMH was the monthly club I was in. Each person in the club had to buy $15 dollars each month, we had a layout the girl did each month at her house, and we took turns being the "hostess" That way we were guaranteed a complete party and we got something done each month! Love CTMH...just haven't had time lately!

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me! You are a fun friend and very creative person, I am sure when you endorse a product like Close to My Heart, people will pay attention. Have fun with it and I am sure people will participate!

I did a group too, a 10 for 10 (10 people commit to spend $10 each month, and not have to atend a party, each month it is one persons turn to be hostess and to get the freebies & perks. It would have been fun to get together and make a project or something though a few times, girls love to get together and chat and scrapbook!

Good luck Laurel, you are awesome!!

MB said...

Very cool Laurel!!

I never got into the CTMH stuff. I just can't keep up with it. I have to have instant gratification and less mess. HAHAH. I know alot of folks that do, do it tho. And make some pretty cool scrapbooking things!!

Good luck being a consultant!!

HUGS!

*ALLYSSA* said...

I wished that I didn't miss your open house. I loved "Close to My Heart" stuff. I had a family thing all day that day.*frown* Let me know when is the next open house and I plan on being there!*smile*

Jennie said...

Fun for you! I love CTMH stuff...all so cute!! I need to get cracking on my books...I'm too far behind!!!

You should take pix of some of your favorite layouts and put them on your blog...I'd love to see what you've done! :)