Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend

We had a wonderful time celebrating easter last weekend. My kids had fun going on egg hunting with Trinity, Emma, and Anne Marie. I thought the story of 8-10 yrs old kids going off before the sound of horn was particularly funny. Not to mention how 6 to 7 years old kids saw them going and went themselves!

Timmy is so in love with playgrounds now. He gets excited at sight of slides now.

I have been struggling with miragrine headaches past week now . . . I have been feeling woozy and having regular headaches everyday. I always feel so exhausted by the end of day. Clint has been wonderful, helping out with kids during bedtimes. I have to drink more water since that I wasn't taking good care of myself two weeks ago. I think it was what brought headaches on. I still am glad I was able to manage some things like making some dinner, keeping the house clean, and fulfill my calling in nursery.

We had a lot of fun in nursery. All of kids came in being nicely dressed. A lot of girls are dressed in long flowing pink dresses with beautiful hair. I enjoyed most of that. I spent a lot of time having to help the nursery leader to clean up the closet. Somebody got into there during the week, ate all of the little kids' snacks, scrawled crayons onto the doors, and mixed the toys all over into stake's closet. Our dear nursery leader was furious but there aren't so much we can do about it since that closet's lock is broken. She is trying to find the special kind of lock where you won't need keys and has long locking part. I was glad I decided to make some snacks for kids the night before, though. Ha.

After the church, we drove up to Syracuse and visited Susan and her family. My other sister brought her boyfriend to celebrate the easter with us. We had lamb and barley, fish, flat bread, haroset, and others. It was fun. Our kids had a blast with their cousins. Unfortunately, they were so overstimulated with no naps in pocket . . . Clint and I had our hands full with them. Ha ha. They were hard asleep when we got home and dressed them up in pajamas.

I am so glad it is turning into spring too. I love it how the days become longer. I love it how the green things are beginning to bloom. I am looking forward to picnics with families, summer BBQ, July 4th and all of the fun.

The City is done with installing the drain. We are waiting to see if it would help our basement to stay dry this year, It should be known for real by this April. I am wringing my hands in anxiety!!!

Clint is working on upstairs still. He is done with rooms. Now, he is working on hallway and fire blocks. He will be going to the store to get more wood today.

I got a week long to do my stuff. Along with usual chores and all. I hope that you guys will have a wonderful week too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good Easter! We still haven't dyed Easter Eggs! Ha ha- I never got around to it, but I told the boys we'd do it, it really is their favorite part... maybe we'll do it to celebrate Spring!!

Smile!

*ALLYSSA* said...

I hope you'll have the energy soon! I really appreciate you on making these cookies. I couldn't do it without you! Thanks for everything you have done for nursery.